Modern European History
Objective: To provide a broad understanding of the history of Modern Europe during the “Age of the Americas” or “American Age” with the hope of providing the European context for American History and the immigrants that make up our a substantial part of American History and particularly United States History. This isn’t intended to provide a comprehensive history of Modern Europe or the Atlantic world and Spanish America, but to understand European events and peoples that impacted the United States and its history.
We intend to read about 2-3 chapters each month, so the pace will be easy if you are participating in other groups.
- Everyone is welcome to join us. Click Here To Find Out More About How To Participate In Our Reading Group
- The Complete Book List for the Modern European History Group
OUR CURRENT BOOK
- The Pursuit of Glory: The Five Revolutions that Made Modern Europe: 1648-1815 by Tim Blanning
- Tim Blanning also wrote an excellent biography: Frederick the Great: King of Prussia
- Our Facebook Discussion Page