Rebirth of a Nation by Jackson Lears :: Chapter Five Crisis and Regeneration
- How did turn of the century utopianism manifest itself in the United States?
- How did capitalism and labor change in the United States during the populist and progressive eras?
- How did the economy of the 1890s effect the developing post civil war American middle class?
- What was the Sherman Silver Purchase Act?
- How were William Jennings Bryan and J.P. Morgan representatives of factions?
- What was Coxey’s Army and what was their purpose?
- Sherman Silver Purchase Act
- Grover Cleveland, Message on the repeal of the Sherman Silver Purchase Act 1893
American Literature Supplemental Reading
- Continue The Gilded Age by Mark Twain
- (We will read the Education of Henry Adams during our next book)