Thank You For Visiting My Website
This site is not affiliated with or supported by any institution or organization. It is a personal project. It’s where I place items I find interesting, meaningful or useful. I am an avid reader (mainly History and American Studies with some Social Science, American Literature and Golden Age Science Fiction) and hope to share some of that love of reading with others in a way I think might be especially helpful to teachers. I also enjoy American Studies and looking at the cultural mythology that shapes the United States.
Thanks to everyone that helps me with this. We don’t accept donations, but please consider supporting homeless youth through either the Los Angeles Youth Network or The Jewish Family Service of Los Angeles
Anything good you find here should be credited to the authors mentioned in the reading lists. Any errors are my own. I’m sorry that I am unable to answer the emails I receive. Thank you for understanding.
To the best of our knowledge the supporting visual materials used on this website are in the public domain or covered by a Creative Commons License. If a copyright unknown to us is in existence the work is being used solely for educational not for profit use and is allowed under the “Fair Use” exception of United States Copyright.
Original works Copyright ©2017. Unless noted otherwise the original works here are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International Licenseand may be used for educational purposes. Attribution: “The History Club – www.thehistoryclub.net”
Terms and Conditions of Use
- You are welcome to read, comment and contribute.
- You are welcome to provide credible contributions to the site.
- You are welcome to provide constructive feedback.
- You are welcome to enjoy, be friendly and polite, be curious and helpful.
- You are welcome to share ideas and discuss changes in a positive way.
- Do not be Angry
- Do not be Rude
- You are welcome to leave if you are either of the above.
- This is not a site about current events.
- This is not a partisan site.
- We don’t need a PC police force.
- We don’t need people around that would make a PC police force necessary.
- This is a private site. Visitors are my guests. The fact that there are no locks does not mean you are not in a private place. This is not a business. This is a personal project for myself, but welcome constructive feed back.
- No one should assume the worst about another
- No anti-social behavior. I get to decide when a guest is acting in an anti-social fashion and what to do about it.
- Do not be a troll. Do not feed the trolls. The trolls only live because we feed them.
- If you are extreme left or extreme right, you will not be happy here.
- If you have a predetermined belief you want reinforced, you will not be happy here.
- Your “god” is not everyone’s G-d. Be respectful
Google says I should let you know the following
- Assume everything you post / send is public.
- I assume all of my posts / responses are public.
- I wont share / sell your email, but it could be hacked.
- I use every single Google Service, including Analyics, Ansense, and Adwords. See Google’s Terms of Service
- I use Wufoo for forms. See Wufoo terms of service.
- I don’t sell personal or web data in anyway.
- Other than our Facebook likes, we have no membership lists. We keep no records of any kind beyond the public information on our website and social media platforms. Godaddy keeps whatever server logs they feel appropriate for however long they feel appropriate.
- We use Facebook services. See Facebook terms of service.
- We use Twitter services. See Twitter terms of service.
- We use WordPress as out blog engine. See WordPress security services for more information.