American History students should note the context of the Navigation Acts and European taxes as well as the “Guild System” that forced many Europeans to seek opportunity in America.
- How did trade with the Americas change European demographics and jobs in the 18th century?
- How did the Dutch create an international trading system in Northern Europe?
- How did changing transportation networks facilitate a European wide market?
- How did the Dutch financial industry help them achieve dominance in trade?
- What were the English Navigation Acts and why were they enacted?
- How did the southern Europeans begin to emerge as trading powers?
- What was the “Guild System” and how did it effect immigration from Europe?